The ability and courage to facilitate critical conversations has become an increasingly important leadership competency within a competitive work environment. This 2 day workshop uses the research of:
1. Susan Scott (Fierce Conversations),
2. Patterson, Grenny, McMillan and Switzler (Crucial Conversations and Confrontations) and;
3. Whitmore (GROW Model).
It will enable participants to develop practical strategies and skills in planning and engaging in effective conversations. Most importantly, It will help participants to develop confidence in having these conversations by practising their skills using simple step-by-step template.
The workshop will cover:
- Identifying the psychological barriers for you and your target
- Best Practice principles in holding critical conversations (including research on ‘Success Factors’)
- Planning your approach using a 8 stage Susan Scott template
- Anticipating and managing ‘curve ball’ responses
- 5 practise sessions with reflection and observer feedback
- Planning the conversations to have back at work