Our underlying beliefs largely determine how we interact with others.
Our ability to give and receive effective feedback, and to ultimately develop open relationships, is greatly influenced by the belief that we must stand up for our own rights whilst respecting the rights of others.
This one day workshop explores both the beliefs and behaviours that contribute to assertive communication, through a series of tailored case studies and self reflection activities.
The workshop will cover:
• Defining assertion, aggression & non-assertion (passive/submissive)
• Exploring the barriers & beliefs which underpin passive aggressive behaviours
• Managing our mindset to overcome communication difficulties
• 4 key principles in balancing truth & tact in our communications
• The influence of body language signals & tone